February 9th 2019

Residential Structure Fire

At 10:30pm on February 8th firefighters from fire halls 1, 4 & 6 responded to a structure fire in the 8300 block of Chilliwack Mtn. Road.
Upon arrival, fire crews found light smoke venting from the roof of this 2 storey single family residential house. Fire crews were met by the occupant who indicated that the fire was on the first floor by a wood pile next to a wood burning stove.
Firefighters entered the home and quickly suppressed the fire. Fire damage was contained to the immediate area around the wood burning stove as well, the fire spread up the wall and into the 2nd floor and attic space.

There were no firefighter or civilian injuries.
Cause of the fire is accidental.

Chilliwack Fire Department wants to remind homeowners to keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet (1 metre) away from heating equipment and also that chimneys and vents need to be cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year.


For more information contact:
Mike Bourdon, Assistant Fire Chief, Fire Prevention
Chilliwack Fire Department
Phone: 604.793.2732